PGDM Course Details
Presently, the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programme is one of the most sought-after higher education programmes, with an emphasis on business needs. The academic curriculum of the PGDM programmes in India is intended for two years of full-time study. Students in the PGDM programme are required to engage with industry experts from fields such as finance, marketing, international business, human resources and business analytics, amongst others.
The PGDM course curriculum is designed to produce professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills to flourish in the corporate sector. The concept of management has been present for thousands of years, but it gained special significance during the Industrial Revolution. It is a necessary ability for everyone who wants to advance up the corporate ladder.
There are several reasons why you should choose the PGDM programme. Some of them are as follows:
- Direct Interaction With Corporate Professionals: There are several courses available that are taught by industry specialists. As a result, students get the chance to appreciate field-specific cases that are being handled and understand how they may be addressed.
- Develop The Skills Necessary For Good Management: The curriculum of the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programme is established with the assistance of an educational institute’s business advisory board, in which industrialists highlight the abilities that a corporate professional requires. Following that, such abilities are included in the curriculum goals, and the corresponding skills are taught to students.
- Chances For Networking: Throughout the academic year, students meet a variety of individuals from the business sector, providing them with several opportunities to build a network for future associations. This also helps in improving future job prospects.
- Internship And Final Placement Possibilities: The PGDM programme offers several final placement and internship opportunities. There is a specific placement department that works on industry needs and coordinates campus placement campaigns.
- Live Projects And Summer Internships: The summer internships and live projects are the trump cards of the PGDM Programme. Companies recruit students as interns, giving them hands-on experience in a variety of professions. Students get practical experience in the sector of their choice, gain a deeper understanding of the processes involved and develop their problem-solving skills.
- Increased Cost To The Company: The PGDM programme is intended to provide students with the skills required by new, up-and-coming businesses. By the conclusion of the fourth semester, the student has gained all of the necessary abilities for the job. As a result, he is a great candidate for that particular position and is eligible for high salary packages.
- PGDM Education Lasts A Lifetime: Nobody can stop you from becoming a true management student once you learn the skill of recognizing why failure and success are both crucial parts of your progress. A Post-Graduate Diploma in Management will provide you with an extensive understanding of the business sector. It is natural to fail from time to time since management is an undoubtedly difficult subject. However, every time you triumph after failing, you will gain the skills and confidence that will make you a stronger entrepreneur. As a result, obtaining a PGDM degree is becoming a useful pathway to a position in the management or corporate sector.
- Massive Prospects For Advancement: Most people believe that climbing the corporate ladder is tough. In this situation, you might choose to pursue a Post-Graduate Diploma in Management. For students interested in learning PGDM, management institutes provide a curriculum that includes industrial visits, case studies and industry engagement. Aside from that, it provides students with a learning atmosphere in which they can start their journey as future leaders and well-known entrepreneurs.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management Programme places a strong emphasis on generating competent professionals who are ready for any corporate enterprise. Anyone looking for a lucrative future in business should look into this curriculum.
Sunstone is a major higher education services company that collaborates with academic institutions to help students gain employable skills. Sunstone provides career-focused training interventions to undergraduate and postgraduate students at over 40 universities in over 30 locations. Sunstone’s training programmes are industry-endorsed and designed to improve employability. These programmes are intended for hybrid delivery, with an emphasis on soft skills and personality development. Sunstone’s primary goal is to give students a comprehensive educational experience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is PGDM equal to MBA for government jobs?
The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has recognized PGDM as comparable to MBA as a relevant qualification for government jobs and further education.
- Which course of PGDM is the best?
Most PGDM programmes teach all of the fundamental disciplines and essentials in the first year, followed by an in-depth look at your area of specialisation. The curriculum includes emphasis on sectors such as finance, marketing, international business, human resources, business analytics, retail, supply chain management, etc.
- Is PGDM better than MBA?
Unlike MBA programmes, which are more theoretical, PGDM programmes are industry-focused. PGDM provides a greater emphasis on grooming, mentoring, and industry exposure. PGDM programmes also provide more rigorous placement services. As a result, pursuing a PGDM education from a renowned school is typically an excellent way to secure good salary options.
- What is PGDM Eligibility?
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any subject, to be eligible for admission to the PGDM programme.